There are four distinct Gift-Giver Personalities represented across generations, genders and geographies in Australia.
The FPA created a Gift-Giver Personality Quiz to help people identify their own gift-giving preferences, and those of others within their social networks.
- Spend $103/per month on gifts
- Least likely to bulk buy gifts (29%)
- More likely to be female (57%)
- Most likely to value the gift of seeing a financial planner (64%)
- Spend $104/month on gifts
- Most likely to budget for gifts (40%)
- Highly value the gift of seeing a financial planner (60%)
- Most likely to be older (66% are Gen X or Baby Boomers)
- Spend the most on gifts at $112/month
- More likely to be female (61%)
- Least likely to budget for gifts (24%)
- Highly likely to value the gift of seeing a financial planner (61%)
- Spend the least on gifts at $85/month
- Least likely to value the gift of seeing a financial planner (53%)
- Unlikely to budget for gifts (25%)
- Prefer to give cash or an easy gift such as wine or chocolate
Discover your gift-giving personality
Take FPA Gift-Giver Personality Quiz and discover detailed personality profiles with fascinating insights about buying behaviours, preferences and habits.
The FPA “Gifts that Give” national survey of Australians reveals some truly fascinating insights into how we think, buy, plan and spend our money on those we love the most. Did you know Australia is a generous generation and spends nearly $20 billion a year on gifts? This 19-page report is a fascinating read and a great conversation starter with friends and families.
Download the Goodness of Giving eBook.
Download the full report - Gifts that Give.
Would you like some help with reviewing your financial behaviour?
General Disclaimer: This article contains information that is general in nature. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information. Please seek personal financial advice prior to acting on this information.