Life is like a box of puzzle pieces. As we go through it, we search for individual parts in order to create the picture we can be happy with. Our financial planners will guide you to make the right decisions with your pieces so you can live life on your terms.
So what exactly do we do, as Financial Planners? Financial planning is an ongoing process and every step is very important as it allows your financial planner to fully understand your situation, desired outcomes and provide you with the best guidance. This will give you confidence to move forward in life regardless of its challenges and uncertainties and create a healthy money mindset for life.
Painting the picture on the box
The objective of our first meeting is to gain a better understanding of who you are and what picture you wish to start building with your pieces. And it gives us a chance to share with you what we do. We will ask you questions about your current financial position in detail, any ideas you might have and any opportunities that you may wish to explore. This may include asking about:
- Your values, aspirations and dreams
- Any challenges or frustrations you are facing
- Your current lifestyle
- Your current attitude towards money and wealth; and
- Your previous experiences with money and investing
We encourage client’s individual pathways based on their own financial reality and values.
We know that these can often be difficult conversations to have, and we hope you won’t think we are being nosey but the more we know about you, the better our advice will be. So it’s very important that we take the time and ask the tough questions.
Putting the pieces together
After we agree on the scope of advice we will start drafting your tailored strategy which involves collaborations from our unique advice board and our technical team. When creating your very own personal financial plan we will:
- Always act in your best interest
- Create and quantify your financial goals
- Explore and discuss options that are aligned with your objectives
- Consider a wide range of alternative strategies and products to find the best fit for you
- Explain our chosen strategy and why it is the most appropriate for you
- Disclose all fees
- Explain the steps involved to implement our advice
Tracking your progress
Once your strategies and products have been implemented the financial planning process continues and the real work begins. You now have a team monitoring your strategy, and someone you can call upon who knows your goals and situation thoroughly, and who has the expertise and support to answer any questions, big or small. As you move through various stages in your life, and as circumstances change both for the good and the not so good, we will be there to assist you to minimise the bad and make the most of the good.
To ensure you remain on the path to achieving your goals, a regular progress check-up of your financial plan is imperative. This is because there are a myriad legislative and legal changes which have an impact on your personal circumstances; not to mention the changes that occur organically in your life.
When maintaining and reviewing your strategies we will:
- Encourage you to be as active as you want to be in the ongoing running of your plans
- Ensure you don’t miss any opportunities that may arise via legislative change or otherwise
- Track your financial goals so you’ll know how you’re progressing
- Be in a regular contact with you to keep you up to date
- Invite you to meet with us as per our agreed agreement
You love this approach, but have a few more questions?