Senior Financial Planner | Director
- 0403 261 292
"I am passionate about working with people to identify, clarify and quantify their dreams. Together, with focus and determination, we can achieve amazing results."
- A mix of experience and education (emphasis on continuing professional development)
- Natural leadership (managed the Practice in his late 20’s)
- Focused on you (prefers the sound of your voice)
- Will grow older with you (plans to be here for the next 30 years)
Gary joined Sydney Financial Planning in 2004. Since then Gary has undertaken a variety of roles including, Technical Manager, Financial Planning Manager and Practice Manager. In these roles, he has demonstrated his ability to solve complex problems by thinking outside the box. In his last 4 years as the Practice Manager, Sydney Financial Planning has maintained the “Certified Quality Advice Practice” designation.
- Wealth creation strategies
- Debt and cash-flow management strategies
- Risk insurance strategies
- DIY and Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF) advice
- Retirement planning advice
- Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning and Investment)
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) Program
- Direct Equities Program
- Certificate IV Finance & Mortgage Broking
- Margin Lending Program
- Accredited Tax (Financial) Adviser - TASA
Membership and Associations
- Authorised Representative of Charter Financial Planning
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Member of the Credit Ombudsman Service
Career and Industry Highlights
- 2015 Most Trusted Advisers Network - Beddoes Institute
- Adviser Ratings – Platinum Adviser
- Adviser Ratings – Top 50 Adviser
- FPA Professional Practice
Outside of work, Gary is the father of young twins and a pre-schooler. He also enjoys touch football, swimming and is a NBA Fan.
Gary's Planner Profile...
Gary Winwood-Smith is an authorised representative and credit representative of Charter Financial Planning Limited, ABN 35 002 976 294, AFS Licence No. 234665, member of the AMP Group. This document provides general information only. Before making any financial or investment decisions, we recommend you consult a financial planner to take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation and individual needs. Charter Financial Planning, Illawarra Financial Planning and Sydney Financial Planning and its authors take no responsibility for any omissions of information supplied in this document. Read more about Who We Are, What We Do and explore our Insights.